Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am looking for a replacement power supply cable for monitor HP U28; item number 1Z980AA#ABB.

The power supply has an output of 19.5v / 180w.

S/N of H2MW1A9025A.

Model no. of ADP 180TB F.

The pin appears to be 5.5mm by 2.5mm.

HP still sell the monitor on their website; but i'm struggling to get hold of their customer services. 

I've found plenty of replacement products for similar Dell/Asus laptops but nothing for the above for the HP monitor. partsurfer.hp.com doesnt appear to be of any help either.

I'm based in the UK.

Thanks 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Page 15 of the service manual lists the power adapter part number and description of the connector.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

The problem is...I checked the HP UK parts store website and eBay.UK and came up empty handed when I searched by the part number of 60703-00280.

HP Recommended

I had the same result when checking ebay/the parts store 😞 

Which is stupid as the monitor is still sold on HP's UK site.

Not actually been able to speak to anyone from HP yet despite my best efforts.

HP Recommended

God I wish I had known how terrible HP's customer service was before I brought any of their products  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.