Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion TP01-1016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am adding a M.2 SSD but want to add a 2.5 SSD also.  Without removing the HHD it came with, where does the 2.5 fit.  Can't find it on any of the HP documents.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AMinFL,

No one has a picture of the motherboard (Baker) used in that unit.  HP has not furnished an documentation worthy of an answer, so I will have to force an educated guess with your help.   Crucial states an M.2 NVMe (single notch) key M device.

The TP01 series used an Erica,  Erica2, or Rother motherboard.  Now, the Baker has been added to the lineup. I am going to ask you questions, and maybe you can send some pictures.  Remove the power cord, and slide open the case.  I am linking my spreadsheet, and hopefully you will fill in the answers.

1) The Rother motherboard link shows the HDD (HD) power cable connection. There is a separate ODD (DVD) power cable connection. Does you motherboard conform to this pattern.

2)  All current PSU have 3 leads. Two are 2x2 plug, and 1 in an inline 7 pin plug.

Your 180W PSU is a new model, the L81008-800. Spreadsheet lists three 180W models. Is it different plugs?

3) Follow the cable from the HD to the motherboard.  Does it have an unused SATA power plug?

4) Look at the existing screws on the sides of the hard drive.  Are they Fillister heads, or Blue isolation heads.

5) Using a 2.5" SSD requires a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter tray.

Enough for now. Please answer.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks for responding Wb2001.  My problem which I did not describe as I should is, I have the power and data connector on the mother board for the SSD,  I just do not see where I can screw the 4 screws to mount the SSD.  That is what I am trying to find.  And the manual is no help at all.  And neither is the upgrade manual.

HP Recommended

@AMinFL,

Remove my reply. No photo send.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.