Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
23-h024
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a 23-H024 All-in One and I believe the BIOS is corrupted.  I am preparing to reflash the BIOS to the Winbond 25q32 chip on the DA0NZAMB6C0 REV.C motherboard with an Arduino UNO R3 and I cant find a diagram of the rom recovery header for proper pin placement. Can someone please direct me to the correct resource?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I went ahead and guessed at the pin id's and was able to reflash the BIOS. It has a 10-pin header with a jump across 1 & 2. Using the blank spot on the header, you can orient your Arduino interface similar to the older models with 8-pin headers. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Christian-13

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Great! Do you have the information requested? 

HP Recommended

Let's perform a power reset as per HP standards:

Ensure your device is OFF.

Unplug all the external devices (If any).

Disconnect the power from the computer

Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.

Connect the power supply

Press the power button to turn on your device and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, after the above steps, try the below:

To recover an earlier version of the BIOS on your computer:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time.

3. Still pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

NOTE: 

If the key presses do not work, press and release the Power button, and then immediately, press the Windows and B keys at the same time, repeatedly, until the computer beeps or opens the BIOS update screen.

The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything displays on the monitor. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

HP BIOS Update screen showing a progress indicator

• If the HP BIOS Update screen displays proceed to the next step.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, do one of the following depending on the condition:

• Computer starts into Windows: The computer starts into Windows if the power button and keys are released too soon. Repeat the previous steps, holding the power button down for 2 or 3 seconds.

• Power LED light turns off: The computer turns off if the power button is pressed and held down too long. Repeat the previous steps, holding the power button down for between 2 and 3 seconds.

• After repeated attempts, the HP BIOS Update screen does not open: Your computer does not support this function or it has a hardware problem that is preventing the tool from opening.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 4 ONWARD

This is the only way to recover bios, as advised by HP. Resetting the pin, system board settings is not something we recommend or support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done all these things which is why I am now attempting to reflash the BIOS. There are known cases where HP AIO units have corrupted BIOS. Please provide the proper pin identification for the recovery header on the motherboard. Thank you 

HP Recommended

As mentioned at the bottom of my first respond, this is the only way to do a BIOS recovery. If this doesn't work, I suggest you contact HP.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went ahead and guessed at the pin id's and was able to reflash the BIOS. It has a 10-pin header with a jump across 1 & 2. Using the blank spot on the header, you can orient your Arduino interface similar to the older models with 8-pin headers. 

HP Recommended

I understand.

Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.