Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24-b275na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking to upgrade my RAM to its MAX. The virtual Assistant didn't help massively, so wondering if someone can give me exact specifics on what I can get it up to.

My current video editing software requires 16GB minimum to run smoothly and I'm sat at the factory 8GB.

"

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 SODIMM (260-pin) sockets
  • Supports up to PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133)
  • Supports 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB DDR4 SODIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    NOTE: 
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit systems
    NOTE: 
    Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system."

Does this mean I can have 16GB total unbuffered? Or that each slot can take 16GB unbuffered RAM?

What is the best upgrade option for me?

Thank you all in advance.

Kindregards,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Chris.

Your PC has two memory slots, and each slot support a maximum of an 8 GB memory chip.

So the total memory supported would be 2 x 8 GB of memory.

Here is the link to the Crucial memory report for your notebook.

The first 8 GB chip listed would be a compatible one.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 24 series | Pavilion 24-b275na All-in-One | Cruci...

Crucial - DDR4 - module - 8 GB -... | CT8G4SFS824A | £30.99 | Insight UK

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, Chris.

Your PC has two memory slots, and each slot support a maximum of an 8 GB memory chip.

So the total memory supported would be 2 x 8 GB of memory.

Here is the link to the Crucial memory report for your notebook.

The first 8 GB chip listed would be a compatible one.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 24 series | Pavilion 24-b275na All-in-One | Cruci...

Crucial - DDR4 - module - 8 GB -... | CT8G4SFS824A | £30.99 | Insight UK

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I was just wondering, the Crucial chip you linked to is 2400 MHz but I've seen others at 3000 MHz, is there a difference?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Your PC's processor cannot run the memory any faster than 2133/2400 MHz, so while a DDR4-3200 memory chip would work, it would only run at 2133/2400 MHz.

Intel® Core™ i7-7700T Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz) Product Specifications

HP Recommended

That's amazing, thank you for your help. Just ordered the new chip, be nice to be able to edit without my PC crashing out now.

Cheers Paul.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Cheers, Chris.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.