Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24-g014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All:

I am learning CAD with Autodesk Fusion, and so far my 24-g014 has proved adequate.  But it struggles with running dual screen(via HDMI).  Certainly adding another 4GB of RAM can't HURT anything, but could I expect at least some improvement in Autodesk performance?  Bear in mind that I often have a YouTube channel up running tutorials concurrent with the CAD software.  I don't intend to go beyond just some home CAD projects so I'll allow for some performance shortfalls.

At some point I do intend to build a proper desktop PC where I can update/upgrade anything I want.  So this is essentially a "where to put my money" question.

Comments and personal experience welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c05135971

if it is this configuration
This type of computer is difficult to upgrade
few possibilities
the processor cannot be replaced, and inefficient
integrated video, no possibility of evolution
apart from the RAM indeed, and that will not change much, nothing possible in the future
So, in my opinion, actually see for a completely different configuration

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c05135971

if it is this configuration
This type of computer is difficult to upgrade
few possibilities
the processor cannot be replaced, and inefficient
integrated video, no possibility of evolution
apart from the RAM indeed, and that will not change much, nothing possible in the future
So, in my opinion, actually see for a completely different configuration

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Prométhée:

Yes, I was aware this computer is essentially a laptop when I bought it.  If not an outright big-screen tablet!  And that video memory was shared with the processor.  Basically, no upgrades and I never expected to do any.  I just did not to require a lot from it - certainly no gaming and taking on CAD as a hobby did not even cross my mind years ago. 

I *suspect* the extra RAM slot is just there and assume that the product is essentially as good as it's going to get.  And I don't mean that in a bad way - it's been reliable and has done everything I needed it to do. 

I posted in case my assumptions were wrong and folks experienced a big difference with RAM expansion.  Wasn't likely(8GB IS a lot for this processor).  So THANK YOU... I believe you have directly answered my question!

Kind regards...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.