cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
apvzante
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

2B36 2.0 (Kaili2) mobo RAM upgrade requirements

HP Recommended
Envy 750-150xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anyone have a link to a user manual for the 2B36 2.0 (Kaili2) mobo?  I'm trying to upgrade the RAM and the HP documentation doesn't provide sufficient information.  Specifically, I currently have two of four DIMM slots occupied, one with an 8 Gb stick and one with a 4 Gb stick (12 Gb total).  Apparently the system doesn't require matching stick sizes in the two slots as one of my earlier computers did.  Can I simply add another stick in the third slot, or will I have to occupy both the third and fourth slots for either of them to be recognized?  For the record, the computer is an Envy 750-150xt CTO with DDR3-1600 (PC3L-12800) UDIMM RAM installed.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
12,522 9,775 2,491 5,185
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can insert up to 32GB of RAM

You can insert an extra 4GB module in the third slot.

If you insert two or four of the same size and speed RAM in the slots they will run in dual channel mode.

Hope it helps,

David

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
apvzante
Author
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information.  When I upgraded the RAM in an earlier generation computer several years ago I had to match the stick sizes in each pair of slots.  I was afraid this one might have been the same situation.  A couple questions:  Would I achieve dual channel mode if I put two 8 Gb sticks in one pair of slots, and two 4 Gb sticks in the other pair of slots?  Or do all the slots have to have the same size sticks?  For that matter, is it a valid configuration to have matching 8 Gb sticks in one pair of slots and the current 4 Gb stick in one of the other slots (20 Gb total)?  Thanks!

Vyom_Sagar
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sir can you tell when will the product HP 14s-Fq1029AU available ??

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation