Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0842a PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have recently bought the listed Gaming PC, and since talking to people online whom also have this, I have been told that buying my extended warranty was a waste of money due to the heat induced throttling on the CPU and the GPU.  It appears the stock cooling is not up to the requirements of the system, and it has been continually warned that I will need to replace the cooling solution right down to the cooling pads on the 3080.  My concern is if this will void warranty to do this, and also, if there are warranty safe ways to fix this issue?  Any help would be helpful.  Thanks.

OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0842a PC

P.s. I can find no information on the specifics model of RTX 3080 provided, and it seems some of them are worse and some are better with their heating issues.  Can anyone clear up what version of the RTX 3080 I will be receving?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

My concern is if this will void warranty to do this

My question is: if you keep the original components, and you have a problem, and you re-install the original components, and you still have the same problem, and you contact HP, can HP detect that the after-market hardware is not currently connected to your computer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.