Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 405 G6 Desktop Mini PC (3J459AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi!

I have 405 g6 with ryzen 4650ge. I want to upgrade cpu to ryzen 5650ge- it is also 35W cpu. I bought a new processor, installed it, but nothing happens when I turn it on - the fan is spinning, the power light is on, there is no sound, and there is no image on the screen. Then I reset the CMOS, but everything is the same. Then returned the native processor - the computer booted. Bios is lattest 02.08.00 Rev.A with new AGESA that supports Cezanne. 

What's wrong? Or is there any limitation for HP to upgrade processors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi no

check

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-prodesk-405-g6-desktop-mini-pc/38255713/document/c06955645#A...

Illustrated parts catalog

Maintenance and Service Guide

max

Processor (includes replacement thermal material)
AMD® Ryzen™ 7 PRO 4750GE (4.3 GHz, 8 core, 35 W)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

may be I should disable TPM before change cpu? 

HP Recommended

Hi no

check

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-prodesk-405-g6-desktop-mini-pc/38255713/document/c06955645#A...

Illustrated parts catalog

Maintenance and Service Guide

max

Processor (includes replacement thermal material)
AMD® Ryzen™ 7 PRO 4750GE (4.3 GHz, 8 core, 35 W)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I don't understand what these restrictions are for. Processor can be changed here. The chipset is the same as the 405 g8 that works with Cezanne, AGESA v1.2.0.6b can works with Cezanne...

HP Recommended

sorry, I'm telling you what is mentioned compatible by HP
Sometimes, we have already seen it here (mainly with intel), you can install other processors, but unfortunately not always
If no update to solve this then sorry I have no solution to install non compatible processor

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

thanks for the answer!

HP Recommended

You are welcome
please mark the answer, it may help other users

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.