Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
omen 877-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

looking to install 500gm m.2 ssd 2280 to my HP Omen 877-244. I cannot find the coresponding connection

Motherboard is IPM17_TP

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

@tomjbor12ab

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

As per the specification this Computer only support SATA Hard drive, You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/15741069/document/c05380412

You can also refer to this Link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05185432 for replacing SATA Hard drive

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found the M.2 connection after I removed the graphic card.

The pc does not recognize the drive.

I think I have to make changes in BIOS but not sure how

HP Recommended

@tomjbor12ab

If it is compatible, the BIOS should automatically detect the new HDD. You can perform a BIOS default after installing the new HDD and check if the PC recognize the new drive

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04831065

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

if I do default will it change files which are on pc?

I bought the one that crucial site stated compatable for my PC

CT500MX500SSD4

Thanks for any help

HP Recommended

@tomjbor12ab,

I am responding on behalf of @KrazyToad as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

If you perform BIOS defaults it will not affect the files on the computer. Please perform the steps and check if it helps.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

did default bios and no changes seen as related to m.2 ssd.

Not sure what else to do other than return SSD

HP Recommended

@tomjbor12ab,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I checked the specifications the motherboard and see that your computer motherboard has two M.2 slots with the below specifications. Please make sure that the SSD you have purchased supports the below configuration.

• One M.2 socket 1, key A

• One M.2 socket 3, key M

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Tommyb1a,

Sorry to get involved in this thread. I have successfully helped other folks with this issue.

HP motherboards that have a M.2 socket (your PC has this) support PCIe NVME SSDs.

Return the SATA drive. Get a NVME drive.

You can copy the operating system from the existing boot drive to the new PCIe SSD. I use Macrium Reflect Free software (Link) to do this.

Regards

HP Recommended

have the pc open and I can only find 1  M.2 connection with states M.2  2 SSD stamped on motherboard. I have looked at diagram and I cannot see any other M.2. mother board IPM17-TP .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.