cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
jhaerlyn
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

6 Beeps question -- I know why it happens, but is it bad?

HP Recommended

HI Everyone, I too have a 6-beep boot up because I just installed a Radeon 7500 --thinking it was legacy enough, I miss counted the years 😞    

Anyway,  the thing went through so much trouble to get here -- it was misrouted in the mail and ended up traveling to Honduras twice before making it to my place overseas!    So, what I want to know : is it bad for the system?   Is the beeping just annoying or is it telling me that I'm doing something potentially fatal to the motherboard?   I tested out the card and it seems to work find. I'm not planning on using any major work -- i'm not playing Destiny 2 with it, just LOTRO and SWG Legends.   

But if its going to put the computer at risk, then I'll have to find another solution then. 

Th

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,482 65,046 22,087 34,010
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your PC?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number...

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

6 beeps means there is some kind of video error.

If you have a newer model PC, it may be beeping because the secure boot setting is enabled in the BIOS.

See this link for the settings to change, if applicable.

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Custome...

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your PC?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number...

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

6 beeps means there is some kind of video error.

If you have a newer model PC, it may be beeping because the secure boot setting is enabled in the BIOS.

See this link for the settings to change, if applicable.

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Custome...

jhaerlyn
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll try that second link out, but my product number seems to be MXX5400B9T

i really just wanted to know if it was dangerous for the machine to use that new video card. 

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you follow the guidance in that second link, it should fix the 6 Beep issue based on the model number of your PC.

HP ENVY 750-114 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

It is probably not a good idea to leave it in the condition it is in now.

You could have installed a newer video card like a Nvidia GT 1030 in your HP 750-114  PC.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation