Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So it looks like the PCIe x4 slot is non-standard...too short for the 11x19 pin adapter I bought. It looks like the supplied receiver is 10x7 pins. [edit: I should have said it is a x1 slot, and I bought a x4 adapter...because x4 is printed on the mobo]

This machine is so lame and constricted!  [I got what I paid for]

Memory advertised as 2666GHz only runs at 2133. [this still seems like false advertising]

Extension slots useless! [not really, but with only 1 lane, it will not be much help in adding a fast NVMe card]

Maybe I'm wrong. If so, tell me what's up with this adapter not fitting. [I now understand that although x4 is printed on the board, the specs state x1, and that is what's soldered to the board]

--*\__/*--
HP Pavilion 690-0073w new 12/2019
i5-9400, 2x16GB Patriot DDR4 2666, GTX 1660 Ti, added 640GB 3.5" HDD
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BuckskinSlim'

The following is true.  It has a PCIEX16 slot, for the graphic card, if installed. Otherwise, the slot accepts a PCIE 8 or 4 card. The smaller slot is a PC IEx1, and could/should never be confused as a PCIEx4.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/home-desktops/product-details/product-specifications/29889925

PS<> what 11x19 adapter, and for what purpose?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

"PCIe x4" is printed on the board.

But I do see that the specs state "PCIe x1".

That's what I get for looking at the board.

[edit: bottom line is that this x1 slot will not provide the bandwidth to utilize the speed of a newer NVMe SSD. So the only  option is to clone the 256GB SSD that came with the unit, and replace it with a faster one. The current WD SN520  hits1700 MB/s, whereas a the new one I have hits 3500MB/s, so about twice as fast.]

--*\__/*--
HP Pavilion 690-0073w new 12/2019
i5-9400, 2x16GB Patriot DDR4 2666, GTX 1660 Ti, added 640GB 3.5" HDD
HP Recommended

Hi, can I ask you the brand and model of the new m.2 SSD? What is the seq write speed? I am about to buy one but I was not sure if the pci bus was 2x or 4x, Seems to be 4x based on the  read speed you have reported.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.