Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 310-1260uk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, My 8 year old HP Touchsmart 310-1260uk is now very slow especially to start.

So, should I buy an external ssd to speed it up or trade it in for a new all-in-one.

If a new one, what would you recommend with a budget up to £1,000.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jasut Elitebooks are mostly used in the commercial sector and hence deemed commercial, its not that you can't buy or use it, its just equipped to support office usage more than entertainment,etc...if you know what I mean, that said, pavilion is your best bet for entertainment essentials preinstalled with the device, if you are looking out for gaming pcs, checkout the pavilion power or the HP Omen series.

For more details: Click here 

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jasut

Welcome to HP support community.

New all in one is a better option as replacing parts on an 8yrs old pc could be rather expensive.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Sandy for that helpfull nudge.

Will probably go for one of the Elite 800's but why is it designated as 'business'?   

The spec suggests it's suitable for home use.    Are the speakers in the Pavillion better?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@jasut Elitebooks are mostly used in the commercial sector and hence deemed commercial, its not that you can't buy or use it, its just equipped to support office usage more than entertainment,etc...if you know what I mean, that said, pavilion is your best bet for entertainment essentials preinstalled with the device, if you are looking out for gaming pcs, checkout the pavilion power or the HP Omen series.

For more details: Click here 

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.