Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
AIO 24-f0059 touchscreen

Any suggestions how to disable the touchscreen?  Machine acts as if the scroll down function was requested even though nothing is being touched, even in the BIOS screens.  Starts a few  seconds after poweron.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Steve.  I think it might have been the wireless mouse or keyboard I had that were not the clients which I was using.  I tried a different mouse/keyboard, and the problem seems to have diminished/disappeared.  And I cleaned the screen as you suggested, and ran the HW diagnostics which passed.  Client says he doesn't use the touch functionality, so I turned it off with the device manager.  I don't expect I'll hear back from him now that he has his machine back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Clean it gently, no strong products.  Clean out your keyboard and mouse also. You can disable the touchscreen in the control panel device manager or possibly in the bios setup.  

HP Recommended

Thanks Steve.  I think it might have been the wireless mouse or keyboard I had that were not the clients which I was using.  I tried a different mouse/keyboard, and the problem seems to have diminished/disappeared.  And I cleaned the screen as you suggested, and ran the HW diagnostics which passed.  Client says he doesn't use the touch functionality, so I turned it off with the device manager.  I don't expect I'll hear back from him now that he has his machine back.

HP Recommended

Good stuff, glad it's sorted. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.