Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Oh No!

I am sorry that you are facing the same issue again. Let's perform a system reset and check if that makes any difference. Here is a link that will help you fix it: https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/ish_3046044-2749139-16 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

A total system reset & reload of all apps & data is not a viable option to fix simple USB driver conflicts, and no guarantee that it will fix anything since the problem has been occurring since I bought the computer new.

I have just tried running AMD's autodetect/update drivers - it reported all drivers up to date and loaded correctly.  The reboot, as usual, fixed the problem, only for it reoccur again overnight with no-one using the machine (but on) - the computer did not reboot over night, so it must be something Windows 10 is doing incorrectly behind the scenes on this HP model, not a Windows update problem.

Surely HP have the contacts with Microsoft to get this ongoing issue resolved?    

HP Recommended

actually reloading the OS, AND NOT ADDING any 3rd party apps/software

till after you determine that the clean install is (or is not) working

is the best and most likely method to resolve your issue

however since you have decided that people like mw know absolutely nothing, i will leave you to keep doing the same thing over and over

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.