Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm trying to use Adaptec AST-5405z RAID controller in my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 PC.

When insterted into PCIE x4 slot, I can access RAID controller BIOS but the card isn't recongnized in HP BIOS and also Win10 freezes during boot.

When insterted into PCIE x16 slot, the RAID controller doesn't start.

I'm wondering if the cause of this problem is the motherboard itself, that it doesn't support this card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I tested this RAID controller on a non-HP motherboard and it works fine in Win8.1 PRO and Win10 PRO so the cause of troubles was noncompatiblitiy with HP motherboard.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I tested this RAID controller on a non-HP motherboard and it works fine in Win8.1 PRO and Win10 PRO so the cause of troubles was noncompatiblitiy with HP motherboard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.