Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 795-0030qd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I add a second hard drive?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @honucarl,  Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand you would like to know you can install a secondary hard drive on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

I have checked the specifications of your PC and it has a single hard drive slot and an M.2 SSD slot, so you can install a secondary hard drive on your PC.

You can purchase an M.2 SSD on any online website or in computer stores.

Also, refer the product specification page of your PC to know more information. Click Here

Hope this answers your query! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

MrRobot - thanks so much for the response. I took apart my computer the other day to swap the original 1TB HD for a 4TB HD to which I transferred the original system (using Paragon Drive Copy). Now I have a huge HD and no need to add a second HD. I did notice a secondary HD connector without power and now I understand why. The secondary connector is for a SSD. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@honucarl, thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

I'm glad you glad you upgraded the hard to a bigger size.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.