Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0006np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to add a SATA SSD to my Pavilion 590-p0006np. I've done this hundreds of times on other PCs. I tryed to add one by using the blue and the light blue SATA Sockets without any success. 

What am I doing wrong (different from the way it's done on other PCs)?

Is it because I used a 3GB/s red SATA cable instead on a new SATA cable?

Will I also have problems when I add memory (which I am planning to do soon)?

Thanks in advance for spending time with MY problem. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Arper
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Are you referring to a SATA Hard drive? If its SSD then no cables required, its just a plug in the ready drive.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have one M.2 slot for SDD.

To get the answer to this question NO! there won't be any problem adding memory, you can upgrade maximum 32 GB (with two 16 GB modules) and 16 GB (with two 8 GB modules) on 64-bit computers.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

In fact what I want to do is to add a SATA SSD as extra storage (the M.2 already has an SSD attached to it: it's the boot SSD ).

I have tried a couple of times to connect the extra storage SATA SSD to the blue SATA socket and it didn't work; tried that using the light blue SATA socket and it didn't work either. I've been doing that using an old SATA cable I have here: is it possible that I can't seem to make the SATA SSD work because of this old cable; do you think it will work if I use a new 6GB/s cable? Or is it some configuration I need to do?

HP Recommended

@Arper
I would suggest you can try with different cable and also It's not a configuration issue.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.