Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-223W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to add an SSD to this system in addition to the HDD already there?  Is there a slot, power connector and sata connection to do so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I would recommend you create a recovery kit on your computer using Recovery Manager and install Windows on the SSD using the recovery kit created on your computer. Click here. I would not recommend you clone the HDD. If you are unable to create a recovery kit on your computer, please contact our phone support to order a copy of the recovery kit meant for your computer. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @alanneedshelp2,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to add an additional HDD on your computer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Are you facing any issue with the computer?

To the best of my knowledge, all the SSDs come in 2.5-inch form factor. Whereas the HDD slots on the computer are of 3.5inch form factor. 

There are several HDD casings available online to convert 2.5 inches to 3.5 inches.

Refer to this HP Article for assistance in installing an additional HDD on your computer. 

You can add an additional HDD on your computer. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply. It appears as though my computer can facilitate an SDD in addition to the HDD already there. This leaves me with the issue of transferring Windows onto the SDD, since they did not send a disk of course. Any help you can provide with doing that? I've heard some people caution against cloning. What is the best way? Thank you.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I would recommend you create a recovery kit on your computer using Recovery Manager and install Windows on the SSD using the recovery kit created on your computer. Click here. I would not recommend you clone the HDD. If you are unable to create a recovery kit on your computer, please contact our phone support to order a copy of the recovery kit meant for your computer. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you very much!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and hope I have answered your concern.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.