Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 590-p0089
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I have this drive: 

XPG SX6000 Lite PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 Solid State Drive 

I plugged it into the appropriate port on the right of the RAM:

c05939217

Is it supposed to detect it with no BIOS update or anything? It won't recognize it in BIOS, in Disk management, in macrium etc.

I tried updating the BIOS to F43 that I found here, and since doing that, it no longer boots correctly and bluescreens everytime it boots, so will try to revert to F10 it was at before..

Saw a few other threads and people just seem to say it works... but not seeing the same result.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

This (Link) has the latest BIOS update for your PC (F.41 Rev. A). F43 appears to be a invalid BIOS update for your motherboard. I am surprised the F43 BIOS update did not abort.

Try all BIOS recovery steps at this (Link). You may need factory service (Link) if you cannot recover the BIOS.

The XPG NVME SSD should have worked. But you need to solve the BIOS problem first.

Regards

HP Recommended

interesting, thanks a lot. I found the F43 in the actual product page for this model so that really should be fixed.

I will try to revert it back and update to F41 RevA.

And then try again for the SSD... Thanks for your help I'll be back here if it does not work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Here (Link) is the driver download site for your PC. There is only one BIOS update.

HP BIOS updates are usually irreversible. You can try a BIOS recovery. You will need HP factory service if the recovery fails.

Regards

HP Recommended

Successfully went to F.41

But I think that messed up my windows so now doing a full recovery on windows. I checked quickly after installing F41 and my drives were still not seen. I will try reseating it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.