Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0792nz

I want to switch fans. In the back there is a 92mm, I also want to add a 120mm fan in the bottom. If here is space in the front, I want to add another 120mm additionally to the Cooler Master RGB 120mm. On the Top (CPU Cooler) I think there its 120mm, I also would like to replace this one.

I thought about buying

- 120mm Noctua NF-F12 PPC 2000 PWM

- 92mm Noctua NF-A9 PWM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I bought 3x Phanteks 120mm and 1x 92mm Noctua fans. No RGB in question here, so all good. I want to replace the top 120mm fan and the back 92mm Fan. Now, IV thought aboiut placing a 120mg Phanteks fan on the bottom, probally pulling air? Theres space and holes on the bottom. And then theres the Front. It could easily fit another 120mm Phanteks fan, but there are no holen.

I could replace the front-bottom fan, but lose RGB. In my opinion the best solution is to add the third 120mm on the front-top. But I'd have to make holes. The top water cooling only has place for 1x 120mm. Thats really unfortuanate. Maybe there is a way to add another? Anyone experience?

Also, is my Power Suply strong enough with 750 watts for a kfa2 3070 Ti, instead the 2070 Super? I had the feeling when OC'ing, either the PS is not enough, or OC is too high. I sometimes  got bright red/color flashes when using a hier clock. +138 and  +400 on the memory speed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I want to replace:

Left, Top fan with Noctua fans.

Add one, or two bottom fans

I want to keep right bottom fan, but possibly add a right top fan, if there is room.

Would I be able to control the (possibly RGB) fans?

Omen_30L.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi

Not trying to discourage you but different cases and motherboards have limitations.

You might be able to change the rear case fan and lower front case fan to Noctua.

Fans need to breath. Adding a fan to the bottom chassis may not be possible. The bottom looks to be solid. Adding a second front fan requires chassis mounting points and open airflow to the internals.

Then you need open case fan headers for more fans or you need a fan hub. Connect more fans to this hub. Connect the hub to a MB fan header. Downside to many fans on one fan header is all fans run at the same speed unless the fan hub provides speed control. 

Adding RGB requires a RGB controller connected to a RGB header on the MB and software.

The RGB controller may require SATA power and a USB 2.0 connection to the MB so the vendor supplied RGB software can talk to the RGB controller.

HP Recommended

I want to change the top fan. I think ATM its a 120mm stock fan. What would be the bestv replacement? The bottom should fit a 120mm too therefore. There is a filter and holes in the bottom.

HP Recommended

Hi

Why do you want to add or replace fans? Are you have a heat problem?

HP uses a proprietary RGB hub. I don't know if retail RGB fans will work. You would have to look at the RGB connections HP uses. Retail RGB fans usually require a vendor RGB hub or MB compatibility. Retail RGB fans also need a open RGB header on the MB. And they may need SATA power to power the fans plus a USB 2.0 connection

I guess you could add a fan at the bottom. You need open fan headers or a fan hub.

Maybe someone else, having done this, can provide details.

HP Recommended

I bought 3x Phanteks 120mm and 1x 92mm Noctua fans. No RGB in question here, so all good. I want to replace the top 120mm fan and the back 92mm Fan. Now, IV thought aboiut placing a 120mg Phanteks fan on the bottom, probally pulling air? Theres space and holes on the bottom. And then theres the Front. It could easily fit another 120mm Phanteks fan, but there are no holen.

I could replace the front-bottom fan, but lose RGB. In my opinion the best solution is to add the third 120mm on the front-top. But I'd have to make holes. The top water cooling only has place for 1x 120mm. Thats really unfortuanate. Maybe there is a way to add another? Anyone experience?

Also, is my Power Suply strong enough with 750 watts for a kfa2 3070 Ti, instead the 2070 Super? I had the feeling when OC'ing, either the PS is not enough, or OC is too high. I sometimes  got bright red/color flashes when using a hier clock. +138 and  +400 on the memory speed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.