Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My SSD is almost full, as I have been installing software to that, think it the best option. I want to add another SSD to install my programs to, but dont know how to choose one that fits and works with my system. What kind can I buy?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HI

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06330185

YOU have a 250 gb ssd m2 and a 1tb HDD
You can save space on the move some documents on it
see some programs

Re: So my PC came with a 1TB hard drive, how do I find where... - HP Support Community - 7834985
You cannot add a second m2
if you have free sata data and power connectors as well as a slot, you can add a classic SATA SSD
help yourself from this site:

Welcome to Crucial USA

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop PC - Part Locator

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

i think i follow now. from the specs of my system, im left to "believe" and not assume that i have an empty 3.5 hdd bay available... i can add a new hdd there (about $60.oo on newegg), but my issue isnt so much "space" as is space on my c (the sdd) drive. I do graphics (not games) and unwittingly installed all my software to my c drive, which needs to be thoroughly cleaned now regardless. i have plenty of space on my d drive (the hdd), but now that im aware of how i should have set up my system, i can fix those problems and carry on. ill add another hdd, and factory reset my c drive, and clean install all of my software to the new drive.

thanks for the help 😃

HP Recommended

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

can you confirm my suspicions regarding the correct choice in hardware?!? the root of the post/question is "what kind of hdd will work/fit with the system i have"...

im not as technical as i used to be and reading/understanding specs has lost me. your help is appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.