Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 8200 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
Can I add a video card Gt1030 2Gb Ddr5 Low Profile in a HP 8200 sff with i5?

Ive seen some people could install gt1030 but i dont know if the card was with ddr4 or ddr5.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have the DDR5 memory in my GT 1030 installed in an 8200 Elite CMT

The one with the DDR4 memory should work fine, but it is not as good as the one with the faster memory according to the reviews.

The cards have gotten very expensive from what I paid for them 2 - 3 years ago.

This is the model with the GDDR4 memory...

Amazon.com: Gigabyte GV-N1030D4-2GL GeForce GT 1030 Low Profile D4 2G Computer Graphics Card : Elect...

This is the model with the GDDR5 memory, and it costs considerably more...

Amazon.com: Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030 GV-N1030D5-2GL Low Profile 2G Computer Graphics Card : Electron...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have the DDR5 memory in my GT 1030 installed in an 8200 Elite CMT

The one with the DDR4 memory should work fine, but it is not as good as the one with the faster memory according to the reviews.

The cards have gotten very expensive from what I paid for them 2 - 3 years ago.

This is the model with the GDDR4 memory...

Amazon.com: Gigabyte GV-N1030D4-2GL GeForce GT 1030 Low Profile D4 2G Computer Graphics Card : Elect...

This is the model with the GDDR5 memory, and it costs considerably more...

Amazon.com: Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030 GV-N1030D5-2GL Low Profile 2G Computer Graphics Card : Electron...

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,
Thanks for quick response.
This help me choose the video card.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Depending on your budget, a low profile GTX 1050 Ti 4GB would provide much better graphics than a GT 1030.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Profile-Compatible-Graphics-GeForce/dp/B01N683IAQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1UBEUHI...

I'm not the first to point that out with regard to a HP Elite 8200 SFF, see link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Which-video-card-work-for-HP-el...

HP Recommended

Hi,
Thanks for response.

A GTX 1050 TI is too expensive now.
I buyed a GT 1030 DDR5, and I installed on PC.
Its working now. I didnt need upgrade bios.

HP Recommended

Good luck, EmersonH -and happy gaming!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.