Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen Oblisk 875-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New to the community. Just purchased an Omen 875-0024 and I want to add a 1tb HP SSD EX920 M.2. The desktop came with a 256gb SSD and I can see it attached to the mother board. Is there another slot for an additional SSD drive? Is there an adapter to attach it to one of the PCLe slot? Or is it even an option to have 2 SSD drives?

If not, how do I replace the current one? All of the programs and OS are on the SSD that is currently installed. Tried searching the internet and this forum for the answer but can't seem to locate and threads on it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you REO51ST, my question was about the Solid State Drive, not the SATA HDD. I had to purchase software to move the OS from the Solid State Drive to the HDD and then back again after I installed the new Solid State Drive. I use PARAGON, it worked great. Itried Macrium but it didn't work so well.

Thanks for replying, all solved now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @gnoll

There are 2.5" converters for the 3.5" caddies.

How to Replace the Hard Drive for OMEN by HP Obelisk 875-0xx Desktop PC and OMEN by HP 870-xxx Desktop PC

http://supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/5828223676001/how-to-replace-the-hard-drive-for-omen-by...

REO

HP Recommended

Thank you REO51ST, my question was about the Solid State Drive, not the SATA HDD. I had to purchase software to move the OS from the Solid State Drive to the HDD and then back again after I installed the new Solid State Drive. I use PARAGON, it worked great. Itried Macrium but it didn't work so well.

Thanks for replying, all solved now.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a question for you. Did you replace the Original 256 SSD with a 1TB SSD? If you did which one did you buy for replacement? I you don't want to post your answer here email me at [edited] Please I have run out of space. Thank you much

HP Recommended

Does anyone know the answer?????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.