Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ExamZ420
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just bought a project Z420. I need to add the OS and HDD

I've had to work on PCs before but never a rehab/refurbish

Is it as simple as pop in the HDD and then install the OS or are the steps going to be a bit trickier and could anyone suggest a link or site to help guide me

Also can I use a 3TB for the main drive or did I read correctly here on another discussion that the main drive that the OS would be on, used to boot, had to be no larger than 2TB?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

OK Well no one responded on this but I have to assume it means everything will be fine.

Again I've done all kinds of work on a pc before but never a project where both the main HDD and the OS was completely not in yet, I'm finishing a refurbish.

So I assume I should be able to install the HDD and then the OS as simply as that, unless someone wants to throw in a "Hey wait - Remember this first" or "Well it wont be that simple because..."

HP Recommended

I'm sure you've done it by now, but it shouldn't have been an issue.  If you ran into any issues, please let us know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.