Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Adding OS and HDD to Z420 Rehab/Refurbish

ExamZ420
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just bought a project Z420. I need to add the OS and HDD

I've had to work on PCs before but never a rehab/refurbish

Is it as simple as pop in the HDD and then install the OS or are the steps going to be a bit trickier and could anyone suggest a link or site to help guide me

Also can I use a 3TB for the main drive or did I read correctly here on another discussion that the main drive that the OS would be on, used to boot, had to be no larger than 2TB?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 2
23 14 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
23 14 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK Well no one responded on this but I have to assume it means everything will be fine.

Again I've done all kinds of work on a pc before but never a project where both the main HDD and the OS was completely not in yet, I'm finishing a refurbish.

So I assume I should be able to install the HDD and then the OS as simply as that, unless someone wants to throw in a "Hey wait - Remember this first" or "Well it wont be that simple because..."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
88 85 2 7
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sure you've done it by now, but it shouldn't have been an issue.  If you ran into any issues, please let us know!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation