Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 110-016 IN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I add 240 GB SSD to HP 110-016 IN and upgrade ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Madhav60 , welcome to the Community.

@Madhav60 wrote:

Yes, you will have to find a drive bay or other location to add the SSD.  I suggest that you consider buying a 500 GB SSD if you don't already own the 240 GB drive.

The SSD's are very light.  You can use velcro to stick them to any place they will fit inside of the case.  The other option is replace the hard drive.  You will need a SATA power connector on the power supply unit (PSU) and a SATA data cable to connect to a SATA port on your motherboard.  Here are all of the components of your computer on HP PartSurfer.  Also, here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain how to transition from the HDD to the SSD if you want to use the HDD for storage.

Here is an example of what will work: https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-500GB-Internal-MZ-77E500B-AM/dp/B08QBMD6P4/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&gclid=...

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Madhav60 , welcome to the Community.

@Madhav60 wrote:

Yes, you will have to find a drive bay or other location to add the SSD.  I suggest that you consider buying a 500 GB SSD if you don't already own the 240 GB drive.

The SSD's are very light.  You can use velcro to stick them to any place they will fit inside of the case.  The other option is replace the hard drive.  You will need a SATA power connector on the power supply unit (PSU) and a SATA data cable to connect to a SATA port on your motherboard.  Here are all of the components of your computer on HP PartSurfer.  Also, here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain how to transition from the HDD to the SSD if you want to use the HDD for storage.

Here is an example of what will work: https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-500GB-Internal-MZ-77E500B-AM/dp/B08QBMD6P4/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&gclid=...

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.