Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-p049 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

According to the specification sheet for "HP Pavilion 570-p049 Desktop PC", my Windows PC only has a PSU of 180W. On Nvidia's website, it states that it needs a "Recommended System Power (W) of 350W. [Footnote: Recommendation is made based on PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2 GHz processor. Pre-built system may require less power depending on system configuration.] (Also says Graphics Card Power(W) is 100... Not sure if this is the lowest power consumption? ) This PC also has an Intel Core i5-7400 3 GHz processor, so based on the "recommendation" I am assuming that it will be okay for me to add this GPU even with a PSU of 180W simply because I have an i5 and not an i7?

I would love if someone could tell me if this is alright. Thank you.

EDIT: In addition, upon opening the desktop PC, I am unsure if this PSU "180 W uATX Regular internal power supply" contains a 6-pin connector? Since I believe GTX 1650's require that pin. If someone can tell me where to find it I will greatly appreciate it. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@GBM, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Its hardware support is limited on the motherboard is less. The power supply cannot be upgraded to 350W.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.