Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 860-100nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi to everybody!

I have an Envy 860-100nl with nVidia 960 GTX 2 Gb video card, M.B. HP 2B4B (U3E1) chipset Skylake Z170, CPU i7 6700K, 16 Gb RAM, win 10 Home 64 bit.

To improve performance with program that manage point cloud, I wish to add a second video card (still nVidia).

Do you know which cards are compatible with my system?

The GTX 960 is on x16 PCI slot and I have free the x1 and x4 slot: if I add a second video card better than 960 is it good to move the 960 in one of the two slot (which one?) e set the new card on x16 slot?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Paolo_65 

Motherboard does NOT have second slot for a video card therefore you can't add another video card. Some motherboards have TWO slots (must be x16) for 2 video cards and normally BOTH cards are the same to run SLI (Nvidia)

You can't move GTX 960 to other slot, it won't fit.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Paolo_65 

Motherboard does NOT have second slot for a video card therefore you can't add another video card. Some motherboards have TWO slots (must be x16) for 2 video cards and normally BOTH cards are the same to run SLI (Nvidia)

You can't move GTX 960 to other slot, it won't fit.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you Banhien for your very clear answer.

regards.

Paolo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.