Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop - GT11-0012na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Looking to add an additional SSD to my desktop and first wanted to know if it was possible, and secondly whether there were any recommendations on which SSD to use, i was thinking either a Samsung 970 Evo Plus or WD Black SN750 NVMe. Or if adding one is not an option, suitable upgrade to the existing one

TIA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
if you have this model

OMEN 25L GT11-0012na Desktop PC Product Specifications
it is equipped with an m2 type SSD, and a 2tb hard drive
You only have one location

One M.2 socket

I don't know if you can add a sata SSD, and I don't see the point, otherwise you will have to check, it would be a shame to remove the hard drive
You can replace the m2, but I can not guarantee the operation of this or that ssd
in theory if it matches what is mentioned it should be ok

One M.2 socket 3, key M (for SSD card PCIe x4 Gen 3)

Dorado motherboard specifications.

OMEN 25L/30L Desktop PC Series (Intel and AMD) - Motherboard Viewer

OMEN 25L and 30L Desktop PCs - Part Locator

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.