Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All-in-One G2 HP EliteOne 1000 27" 4K UHD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I bought additional 16GB RAM together with the AIO EliteOne PC and I installed it correctly. Later I realized the additional RAM is not detected. Suggestions?

Thank You

Matteo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

2 causes only

1: wrong DDR ram used, (or mix types sku used)  buy only CERTIFIED RAM.  from HP or from crucial.com or kingston

2: or BIOS needs a reset

what does CERTIFIED mean, simple it was tested on your exact same PC. (model)

do this first.  power off PC FULLY. this fake desktop AIO

pull the line cord from wall AC jack

push power 3 times (to discharge caps , this)

the put back the AC cord now this is true cold boot, like this, (helps DDR PNP wake up)

the power on and hammer the ESC key to get to BIOS PAGE that SHOWS YOUR DDR MEMORY

Get BIOS working first never windows, see why, ? BIOS must be correct first.

BIOS must be forced  to rescan the DDR fully  and read the SPD chips on there for PNP data then determine if it likes that RAM. at this  level BIOS.

BIOS can be stubborn on some PCs,  we stick here, and try all ways to reset BIOS,  if the RAM is good I bet it works now.

if not we can go more drastic.

I am not HP.

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

2 causes only

1: wrong DDR ram used, (or mix types sku used)  buy only CERTIFIED RAM.  from HP or from crucial.com or kingston

2: or BIOS needs a reset

what does CERTIFIED mean, simple it was tested on your exact same PC. (model)

do this first.  power off PC FULLY. this fake desktop AIO

pull the line cord from wall AC jack

push power 3 times (to discharge caps , this)

the put back the AC cord now this is true cold boot, like this, (helps DDR PNP wake up)

the power on and hammer the ESC key to get to BIOS PAGE that SHOWS YOUR DDR MEMORY

Get BIOS working first never windows, see why, ? BIOS must be correct first.

BIOS must be forced  to rescan the DDR fully  and read the SPD chips on there for PNP data then determine if it likes that RAM. at this  level BIOS.

BIOS can be stubborn on some PCs,  we stick here, and try all ways to reset BIOS,  if the RAM is good I bet it works now.

if not we can go more drastic.

I am not HP.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.