Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-1018no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've installed two Kingston HyperX DDR4 3200 C16 16GB RAM but they are clocked at 2400 mhz. How can I open the advanced Bios to adjust the correct speeed?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is this your computer: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1018no PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

On this page, there is a hyperlink to the specifications of the motherboard, which include the maximum size and speed of RAM that the motherboard supports.

I am surprised that the motherboard does not "automatically" choose the "top" speed for your RAM.

HP Recommended

Hi! Yes it's my PC. I checked and there is nothing wrong with the used ram (Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) with two 16 GB DIMMs on 64-bit systems). Only the clockrate is lower than possible.

HP Recommended

3 days later

In the meanwhile I updated the Bios to F13 - same **** as before!

I tried the "old" 2x 8 MB rams which should run at 3200 mhz - guess what, they dont!

Thought it is a very simple question (how to get advanced bios settings) but it seems to be very complicated when owning a HP PC (bouhgt in july 2021). Wonder why thats such a mess!?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.