Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: PavilioHP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-xa1009na Product number 7DU95EA#ABUn 65XX

My pc is an HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-xa1009na running Windows10, with an in-built cameras which is pulled up from behind the screen. For security reasons it can be slid down behind the screen when not required.

I've applied all Windows updates and gone through the HP Support Assistant and the suggestions on Microsoft's pages for camera issues.  HP website tells me there it can't find software for my pc.

The in-built camera on my HP All-in-one pc has suddenly started "dropping out". - it's integral to the pc and slides down into the body of the screen when I don't want to use it. 

The camera used to work perfectly - I'd leave it down, when I switched on the pc and it needed face recognition to logon I'd pull up the camera, it would recognise me and work fine. Now if the camera is down when I boot and I pull it up for face recognition it displays "can't start camera, logon with PIN"

If the camera is DOWN and  I look in device manager  the camera isn't listed, but a usb device is highlighted as an issue, if I disable then enable that usb device the camera returns to the Device manager listing and works perfectly. Then, after a shutdown or putting the pc to sleep the camera is not listed/working.

See screenshots below - as I say, once the erroring usb device is dis/enables the camera is listed and works fine

Any help much appreciated!

Device Manager usb issue.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@EvetsSnomis Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with webcams.

As you have stated that you have already updated the drivers and checked.

Please run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

If the issue still persists, perform the system reset.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for this response. I've run SFC scan. It reported it fixed a few errors. The problem with my camera dropping out continues.

I'm not going to perform a  system reset to fix this relatively minor fault: my experience is they are more trouble than they're worth.

I'm going to download the latest version of HP Support Assistant and try it, although I've run it before & it hasn't fixed the error.

HP Recommended

I've downloaded the latest version and although I've tested most components there isn't an option for cameras, video devices or usb devices, so not much good to me really.

I've done extensive web searches and haven't found anything that's the same as mine.

Any other advice greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

@EvetsSnomis

I understand your concerns.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen

thanks for this. I did actually put in my op "I've applied all Windows updates and gone through the HP Support Assistant and the suggestions on Microsoft's pages for camera issues.  HP website tells me there it can't find software for my pc."

Someone suggested I update realtek & amd drivers which I did. The day after this I noticed I ad no sound on my pc and nothing I could do would get it back. Thankfully I had a System Restore point to return to.

HP Recommended

@EvetsSnomis

I understand your concerns.

You can try a system restore and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.