Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I tried to upgrade my desktop to 16 GB (currently has 8GB), after adding the PNY 8 GB module, it will not boot up

(3 long, then 2 short beeps), either module will work by itself (original or new PNY), however not both at the same time,

So I bought 2 new models (PNY  DDR4 2400MHz), thinking that being the same model there will be no conflict

however still not booting up.

both new modules work perfectly if using one a time, but not both together.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Martin_90804!

I would be interested to know if the new memory is shown as DDR4-2400 or DDR4-2133.  HP doesn't have XMP profiles built into the BIOS.  This means that you normally have to buy memory from HP to have it run as 2400.  You can use CPU-Z to find this information: https://download.cnet.com/CPU-Z/3000-2086_4-10050423.html

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Martin_90804 , welcome to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

HP all-in-one F0014

Product Number: 3KZ95AA#ABA

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Martin_90804!

I would be interested to know if the new memory is shown as DDR4-2400 or DDR4-2133.  HP doesn't have XMP profiles built into the BIOS.  This means that you normally have to buy memory from HP to have it run as 2400.  You can use CPU-Z to find this information: https://download.cnet.com/CPU-Z/3000-2086_4-10050423.html

HP Recommended

New PNY modules show DDR4-2400, I will check into that (CPU-Z), Thank you so much for your help, I also thought about getting it from HP (existing Module is Samsung brand), Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Martin_90804!  I am glad to help.

HP Recommended

So I bought the Samsung 8 GB module (same model as the original that came with the PC), however still not recognizable

(3 long, then 2 short beeps), either one works when installed alone, but not when both are installed, there is a set of pins right next to the RAM slots, I wonder if the pin configuration has to be changed in order for both modules (16GB total) to work together.

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

@Martin_90804, this is not making any sense to me.  Here is the Motherboard Specifications page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-all-in-one-pc-24-f0000i/38096259/model/21761837/document/c05...

I believe the pins that you mention may be the CMOS and Password jumpers.  You can look at the motherboard diagram to see the parts.

If you haven't done so, I suggest updating the BIOS: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-all-in-one-pc-24-f0000i/38096259/model...

This may help solve the problem.

I have to mention that I had a motherboard several years ago that had 4 memory slots.  I could never get it to work with more than two sticks of memory no matter what I did.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help and patience, I did updated the BIOS a few days ago, and you are right, the pins are for the Clear CMOS password, next step will be to bring it in to Best Buy and have them take a look.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Martin_90804!  I agree that having a Tech look at it is a good idea.  Some problems can't be solved from afar.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.