Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hey so i know im late on this but only recently got a hp envy h8-1414 used (no money dont judge) and my girlfriend spoiled me with a zotac 750ti, (coming in tommorow) you all say it wont work with bios version 7, but checking my sys info i have bios version "AMI v8.06, 08/29/12" and im a little confused, ive built plenty of pc's before but the bios rarely affected the compatibility, if anything wouldnt the card be limited to the pci2.0 speeds instead of utilizing 3.0? thank you in advance.

HP Recommended
750ti is the exception to the issue. 760 and up won't work with that board because they're designed to take advantage of UEFI.
HP Recommended
Thank you for responding so soon, helps alot. And also thank you for the clarification
HP Recommended

you have to go to the bios menu and enable legacy on win 10 it worked for me and i was having the same problem...

HP Recommended

@MissingBrony

The newer graphics cards should work in your PC that has the HP version 8 BIOS.

This is a late post but I just wanted others to see that it is possible to run modern graphics card on HP PCs using the Angelica2 motherboard with the HP version 8 BIOS.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I spent a few hours looking into this and I did get my Radeon RX 580 working with this PC by doing a motherboard bios update. The PCI slots are version 2 and the video card is PCI 3. Everything I have read says they are backwards compatible.

I was getting no video after I installed my card. Updated the bios to HP version 8 and now the video card works. I had a hard time finding the bios update so the link is below. I have an H8-1234. I hope this helps someone. I registered here so I could respond in hopes someone else may be able to fix this issue also.

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-hpe-h8-1200-desktop-pc-series/5187019/m...

HP Recommended

Stumbled across instructiions from nvidia a while back and they actually suggests turning off fast boot up, which is UEFI on my H8-1214 and run under legacy boot up when swapping in a new gpu.  haven't tried it out though because i currently don't have a card for it yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.