Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP SSD EX900 /920
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day  to you,

2,5 yrs ago i purchased a HP EX900 M2 SSD 250 GB NVMe which was fixed directly on the Mobo. I would like to install W11 on my M2-SSD on which now W10 is installed. I can't find an updated driver or something for the M2 SSD.

The problem is that when I try to disable CSM in the latest ASUS BIOS v4603, the installation of the new settings in the BIOS fails because the correct M2 driver is not contained in the SSD-drive and should probably be updated. I strongly believe the conflict arises from the M2_SSD, because the ASUS BIOS gives a specific warning concerning the M2-SSD’s.

Of course on my M2-SSD there’s the GPT partition table and at the same time the UEFI boot method was put in place in the BIOS.

In the same PC i have another M2 SSD EX920 1 TB.

Can anyone help me out here?  Is HP issuing drivers for M2 SSD's?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

TC Pip

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@TCPip1 , you are welcome.

Sorry for the incorrect reply to your questions.  No, HP will most likely not be developing a driver for your drives.  They normally don't issue updates for next generation operating systems.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you Old_geekster. I know, but is there an HP employee, who can tell me whether this problem occurs with other customers? And whether a driverupdate is will be available? Because the HP website only supports PC's and printers and no components, i cannot raise the question to their Tech department (the serial number of my SSD is not recognised) and there seems no other way than to cry for help on this forum.

H

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.