Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop M01-F0016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP Desktop M01-F0016 from Office Depot/Office Max back last November and it has a 2 -year warranty under Squaretrade Protection.  This PC, has a Ryzen 5 3400 G Mobile with Radeon Vega Graphics. There is a spot on the motherboard where I can install another GPU. However, the PSU is an 180W(80 Plus Gold) and it doesn't look like it can power any decent graphics card because all the GPUs I've looked at have a much higher PSU minimum.  I can't upgrade the power supply because that would void my warranty. Also the motherboard can't support a 300W or greater PSU because it's not the right type. It doesn't have any 6-pin connector slots or any 24-pin connector slots. Why is there an option on my motherboard to install another GPU if my PSU and Motherboard can't support any decent GPUs ? 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@JoshuaHowell424 

Please read the following discussion

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/graphics-card-for-180w-power-supply.3509865/

There is a table on the following link

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

You can use cards which run at 20W-30W

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The GPU Benchmarks and Hierarchy list shows only one GPU that is 30W which is Nvidia GeForce GT 1030.  Is this the only GPU that is guaranteed to work ? 

HP Recommended

@JoshuaHowell424 

Nothing to stop it to work

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Okay, but is this my only option? 

HP Recommended

According to HP expert Banhein, GPUs that run 20w-30w can be used with my motherboard and PSU.  So far, I've only seen one that is within that range which is the Nvidia GeForce GT 1030. I want to know, if there are any other GPUs that will work besides this one or if this is my only option ?

HP Recommended

Hi:

That would be the best one you can install that would work with a 180W power supply.

You could opt for the less powerful GT 710, which only draws 19W of power.

I have two GT 1030's in a couple of my PC's.

They are pretty good cards for the price.

Read the reviews on them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.