Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0075d Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I have a PC 

HP Pavilion 590-p0075d Desktop PC 

Product name: 4EA43AA#UUF

Can I upgrade my graphics card like GTX  660 ? Is it compatible with my board? like minimum power etc.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jatz , welcome to the forum.

HP has all of their components made to their specifications.  The video cards are made to work with the power supply unit (PSU) that is installed.  Therefore, a retail GT 730 would not run with a PSU with only 180W.  The GTX 660 will not be compatible.  You would have to upgrade the PSU, also.  It is difficult to upgrade the PSU in your computer because the motherboard has a proprietary 4-pin ATX power connector.  Here is a Power Supply Cross Reference that may help you:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jatz , welcome to the forum.

HP has all of their components made to their specifications.  The video cards are made to work with the power supply unit (PSU) that is installed.  Therefore, a retail GT 730 would not run with a PSU with only 180W.  The GTX 660 will not be compatible.  You would have to upgrade the PSU, also.  It is difficult to upgrade the PSU in your computer because the motherboard has a proprietary 4-pin ATX power connector.  Here is a Power Supply Cross Reference that may help you:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

In other words. There is no chance to upgrade my Graphics Card.  

HP Recommended

@Jatz,

Your PSU is a 180W (L08660-800).  According to the Power Supply Cross Reference chart that I provided, it appears that the 310W (L03980-800) should work in your computer.  If the GTX 660 will work with the 310W PSU, you will be able to upgrade.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I cannot find my motherboard in your list.   590-p0075d  Lincs.  Can I use 400W for my PSU?  So that I can use higher graphics.

Ty.

HP Recommended

@Jatz, the link to the PSU Cross-reference chart is at the bottom my original post.  According to the chart there is no 400W PSU that is compatible with your motherboard.  Your 180W is part # L08660-800.  If you look at the Lincs motherboards that have this PSU, it doesn't show a 400W that is compatible.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.