Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Desktop Mo1-F1300ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • HP Case Number: 5052030883
  • Product Description: HP Desktop - M01-F1300ng

I bought the desktop Aug. 13 but unfortunately I missed the detail, that the PC was coming without a disk drive.

I was cought by surprise, that I couldn't find a suitable drive at once.

I contacted HP two times but sofar noone was able to tell me, which drive is available/compatible to this PC.

Can I use any 9,5mm slim line? Do I need an adapter? What else do I have to know?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@roofbow,

Help is technically not available as HP has not published any data parts list or photos of the motherboard (Baker) used in that model. If I could see the board, I might be able to comment on it.  That series, the HP M01 has 3 different motherboards, the Erica2, the Milton, and now, this board called the Baker.  If fact, HP has not published any pictures on any of these boards.

The known PSU for the Baker board is not common to the Erica2 or Milton.  It is the L81008-800, nothing is known about the type of plugs.  HP has not made any information available.

1) Can you take pictures?

2) The PSU cabling is not known. What do you see? The last known design was 2 (2x2) plugs, and a white inline 7 pin. Some times 3 wires, some  times 5 wires are used.   Hard drive and DVD power are from cables off the motherboard. Some boards have an inline 4 pin for DVD power, some used a 2x2 or 2x3 header for hard drive power. Some used both. The 2x2 for 1st HD number 0, and DVD, the 2x3 for HD number 1 and 2. 

Note: your board might be a totally different design.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi Wb2001

thanks for the reply, but the issue is less complicated.

The HP desktop M01-F1300ng is coming with a slot and the wireing, i.e. there shouldn't be any difficulty to install a drive.

The problem arose, when HP advised yesterday, that the adapter and the frame needed, are not available and will not be available in the near future. And, if available again, the dealers will be supplied first and the private customers have to line up.

This is even more surprising to me, as I have seen during my search, that several desktop models are without optical drives.

To cut the story short: I am going to return the desktop to the dealer and replace it by another brand. Just disappointing...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.