Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G1 Small Form Factor
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I ask for help.
There is a system unit "HP ProDesk 600 G1 Small Form Factor".

The system unit configuration has changed:
CPU - Celeron g1640
RAM - 2Gb Samsung.

There is a problem when supplying power to the PSU, while the battle is heard the BIOS signal (two long beeps).
Without a CPU (or 4p power supply of a CPU), the number of beeps is more than 3-4.
I tried with other RAM slots - anyway, 2 beeps.
The battery shows exactly 3 volts. I can’t answer for the processor.

1) Could the g1840 CPU be not compatible with a 600 G1 motherboard? (I read on the net that there are HP computers that can only work with ATI Radeon 7000 series).
2) Please give a link to a list of compatible processors.
3) Where can I connect a POST card (there is a PSI x1 and a LPC port of 2 pcs.)
4) Is it possible to update BIOS without booting? Will this help?

Translated - Google

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After CPU installation: Pentium G 3250, which is missing from the list. The system unit turned on without any problems.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the quickspecs for that model series.

I do not see the  G1840 listed as a supported processor...1820 and 1830 only.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2013/HPDiscoverBarcelona/ProDesk_600_G1_Desktop_Mini_Qu...

Below is the link to the service manual which has the beep code translation...chapter 9 starting on page 194.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04331099

HP Recommended

Thank you for your informative answer. Judging by the documentation, I have a problem with determining the connection of the cooling system for the CPU. However, replacing the fan with 4 and 3 pin ones did not solve the problem. With any fan in the CPU fan 2 sound signals.

Is the CPU or motherboard to blame?
After applying voltage, 12 volts rise for 1 second on the CPU fan connector

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the problem could be.

Since the  G1840 is not a supported processor, I would install the original one and see if the problem is resolved.

HP Recommended

Apparently you are right, even after the BIOS update with the 4570 processor (I assumed that the list of CPUID with the new Haswell would be updated) Nothing has changed ...

HP Recommended

After CPU installation: Pentium G 3250, which is missing from the list. The system unit turned on without any problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.