cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Gabriel31
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Beep issues when booting up. I NEED URGENT HELP!!!!!

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0103wb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was checking for the newest updates in the configuration tab, I downloaded the newest update and on the optional drivers section. When the system tells me to restart, I restart the PC and the monitor won't turn on but all my RGB keyboard and mouse from razer turned on, and I could hear the fans but the monitor doesnt turn on, I tuned it off by the button and turn on again and I could hear some beeps, I don't know what to do, i researched for this problem and I can't find an answer, I counted the beeps and there was 18 beeps which lasted like a second and there were 10 half of second beeps, can someone help me? Also the beeps changed the sound but I'm  confused if they were repeating with the same pattern each time but with a different sound. I REALLY NEED HELP,

THIS IS URGENT

1 REPLY 1
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
11,319 3,964 1,048 3,241
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Considering what you were doing and when it failed, it would seem to be a software problem, but not sure with all the beeping.

Before doing anything else, try running the diagnostics routine.

To run the Diagnostics routine, Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.

Try this several times, if it will not respond correctly on first try.

If you cannot get past the beeping and nothing else works, try disconnecting the hard drive and try again.  If it still will not respond, then most likely a hardware failure.  Memory would be the first choice to check.  From the spec I found, that PC came with only one stick of 8GB memory.  If you take it out, the PC will beep complaining about the memory being gone, but you can compare the beeps to see if that has changed.  That would mean to notice the beeping pattern from the "now state" to the "after the memory is removed state"

Otherwise, maybe a PC repair shop.

Just an FYI:

you can purchase a refurbished PC just the same as, for $295.67 with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114314445684

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation