Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Deskpro 600 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All

Sounds like my issue is popping up with information about Windows 11 compatibility. I thought i would get ahead of it and get my computer ready. I figured i should update the BIOS.

PROBLEM 1,  I get  "The System Bios update file is missing or corrupt" when i try and run the file in Windows. My expertise may not be good enough to try one of the other methods of updating the Bios.

PROBLEM 2, I have gone into my Bios and i cant find any place to switch on the TPM chip? I know its here and version 1.2 so when i do figure out how to flip it on will be back asking how to update it to V2.0.

Can someone help resolve these issues?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I do not think that any BIOS update will add the TPM hardware feature.

I highly recommend that you read:

What is TPM 2.0: how to know if you have it and how to activate it in the BIOS - Techidence

HP Recommended

Thank you for the link but in my BIOS there is no mention of TPM.. I have checked to make sure i have the TPM chip and I do. I figured if i could update the BIOS maybe the option would appear? Either way it seems MS and HP are making it hard to get an older PC ready for Windows 11. Good way to have you buy a new computer.  Any additional information would be great. THanks

HP Recommended

I was able to update the BIOS by using a USB Drive. I thought possibly the TPM option would be available in the new version since the old BIOS was 4 years old. I was wrong. HP should be assisting with how to enable their BIOS. I have looked at this Community board and there are a bunch of questions and not many responses. Come on HP give some guidance here. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.