Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq pressario cq5110y
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently revived my old pc and need to get the most recent bios update and drivers for the motherboard

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
This computer is certainly no longer supported by HP

https://support.hp.com/us-en/retired-products

As a result, no drivers available
For the bios, there has therefore been no update for a long time
You can find other solutions for drivers, for example

Trouver les drivers et pilotes en téléchargement, mise à jour PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07165

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

so w10 on a very old CQ compaq PC

if compelled to do that sure.

why not get internet via ETHERNET cable working first.?

then in DM device manager try to fix all failed chips ,devices there, right click update.

then if some fail tell me which ones fail, line by line

the we cure them 1 by 1.

the hard way.

oh ohhhhhhh  it has NFORCE chips onboard, and AMD does NOT support those. now. for sure w10 , w7 maybe.

430 chips doomed.

AMD Athlon X2 logo,

I do not know how to make 430 go, tried many time and failed. AS AMD made me.

see here for proof 430, last driver was year 2009,  11 years ago XP;

click Legacy

click NForce

see 430 see VISTA , the last driver on earth...... and not any good for w10 ever.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

i have the computer up and running with all the drivers i could get from an old thumb drive i had from when i used the pc way back loaded as well as what device manager could find for updates. some are windows versions of the drivers but system is pretty stable hasn't crashed thus far and I have the most recent version of windows 10 on it just wish i could update the bios a bit to be able to make some more tweaks the version I'm running now is very limited on what can be adjusted.

HP Recommended

If the bios was already up to date, there is little hope of finding a new one.
If it were, it would only be available for the original system, or a version above, but not for windows 10, so practically impossible to do.
Check any site for an update, you may find a bad download, and make the computer unusable.
Anyway, there is no risk of having a big evolution.
Conclusion, if the computer works let it fall.
At worst give me the version in place!

last one maybe 5.55 

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.