kingdomkind
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Bios help.

HP Recommended
hp elite 8300 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently been trying to get virtulisation in my bios. This is because i have intel hd graphics intergrated 2500. However my bios is version 02.05 . When my computer boots up i press f10. Then it comes up with a screen with options about system information and stuff like that. One of the options is bios power on. This is the only thing i found that relates to the bios. I have legacy bios. However i do not know what it will do. Will it open the bios? If not, what can i do to open bios? And from that point how would i navigate through the older version of  the bios to put more ram into virtulisation so it will make V-ram and strengthen my graphics. There are no bios update for windows 10. My serial number is edit  My product number is B9C43AW#ABU. My product name is hp elite 8300 sff. Please help me solve this problem.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> There are no bios update for windows 10. 

Almost always, BIOS updates are independent of the operating system (Linux, Windows) that is being used.

Just once in a while, a BIOS update is necessary, when upgrading from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10.

> how would i navigate through the older version of  the bios to put more ram into virtulisation so it will make V-ram and strengthen my graphics.

At "power-on" time, most motherboards "borrow" some of the physical RAM, to "dedicate" that RAM to graphics processing.  That amount of "borrowed" RAM does not change, until you reboot your computer.

Within BIOS SETUP, you can specify the amount of RAM to be "borrowed".

Note that if you have an add-in graphics adapter, it will use its own RAM, not the computer's RAM.

Of course, more physical RAM is always better.

When you run your Virtual-Machine Hypervisor software, to create a V-M, you define how much of the physical RAM will be available to the V-M.  Typically, the configuration of the V-M does not allocate any of the "borrowed" RAM.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation