Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pressario CQ5250NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My youngest son has for his model train hobby my old Compaq CQ5250NL (VN300AA#ABH.

I upgraded this pc succesfully from windows 7 to 10 using the Microsoft upgrade offer.
Until several weeks ago everything worked fine.

Then he started getting an error message when powering on:
Not enough space in Runtime area!! SMBIOS data will not be available.

Press <F2> to continue.

When he does so, the pc (Seems to) work fine.

I entered BIOS with F1 (that works) and i noticed that there is corrupt data in it:

Model and Product number and the Build ID show corrupted info (strange characters).

The rest seems to (still) be fine.

What I can read about the BIOS is following:

Revision         5.05 09/25/09

Core Version 08.00.15

The battery is fine (3.32 volt) and I did a reset.

Where can I find a new or at least good BIOS for the pc and how can I make the USB to flash it into the BIOS chip.

He does not have money yet to buy a new one and all the software is on this pc (which as said still works after pressing F2)

I ask this for him as his ENglish is not so good.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@lobo405,

The BIOS can not be upgraded for that model. It is based on WIn 7.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you for answering so quick Wb2001.
It is not necessary to upgrade to a newer version.

The current version 5.05 worked fine since the upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

I just want to repair the BIOS so that the corrupt data is gone and the error message disappears.

So I am looking for that same BIOS version 5.05 and all I need further to flash it into the chip again.

Anybody who can help my son (and me off course) ?

Bob

HP Recommended

@lobo405,

That is an 11 year old machine.  I am not able to find BIOS file.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

That is a pitty

HP Recommended

Hi again Wb2001

I found SP57393 (Bios 6.01) for that motherboard here:
http://mxdtr.com/h-i41-uatx-foxconn-eton-motherboard-h-i41-uatx-driver-drivers-download/

But it runs only on Windows 7 it says.

So I am afraid I need to somehow get Windows 7 running on that PC to get it done.

HP Recommended

Wll, I just did an install of Windows 7 on a temp HDD.

The installation worked, but the BIOS file I downloaded is NOT for this PC.

So if still somebody can help me with the correct BIOS, YES please, it would be of great help.

My son is looking  abit afraid now as he starts thinking it will be over...

Bob

HP Recommended

@Wb2001

I found a newer BIOS here (5.13    03/03/10) and installed it without problems.

But the corruption of the BIOS remains, so I suppose the chip itself is defective.

Thanks for your assistance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.