Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion AIO 24-b010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I can't seem to figure this one out so maybe someone from HP can help me. After a windows update the Bluetooth and touchscreen functions have been completely removed. I have been trying to fix this problem for awhile and have tried each of these methods:

1. Bios

• Updated to most recent version
  • no option to test touchscreen

2. Device manager search/disable/install drivers/etc

• No bluetooth drivers detected
  • no hidden/ showing HID touch devices showing
  • unknown usb device detected (error code 43 port reset failed. Cannot rollback, will not uninstall, cannot be disabled)
  • No pen or touch input devices detected

3. Updating drivers directly from HP including manually and through the support program

• Intel for bluetooth (nothing changed)
  • AMD for chipset (nothing changed)
  • touchscreen firmware for 24 (error says it is not an ILITEK device and rolls back the installer)
  • Support program doesn't detect any issues

4. Updating directly from the vendors

• Intel wireless (no changes)
  • AMD (no changes)

5. Windows update (no changes)

6. Windows troubleshooter (not able to fix or even detect a solution for either issue)

7. Recover Windows (no changes)

8. Freshly formatted hard drive and clean install of windows (no changes)

9. Following previous HP support blog pages found online pertaining to this exact issue (no changes)

10. Brought in a software and drivers expert who ran the same tasks unsuccessfully (no changes)

As you can see I've tried just about everything I could find, and even brought in an expert for a fruitless attempt at fixing this. I was told that at this point it is a hardware issue. I have also been encouraged to just use the computer without the touch capability by an HP authorized repair center in my city. It is incredibly frustrating to be told that I should be happy with less functionality from a device that I explicitly paid more money for to have the features nerfed/removed.

PLEASE FIX THIS.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Apogee

Welcome to HP Support Community

I understand your concerns and frustrations

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.