Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 800 G4 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I am adding a PCIe x1 Wifi/Bluetooth card. There is a cable from the card that needs to be plugged into the motherboard, but no USB posts are identified. Anyone know where this plugs in? Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See my reply to your other post at the link below...

Re: Blutooth cable on Elite 8300 SFF motherboard - HP Support Community - 8059993

HP Recommended

Hi Paul - I really appreciate the help on the 8300 motherboard. Do you have the same manual/diagram to reference for this same issue on my Elitedesk 800 G4?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Below is the link to the service manual for the 800 G4 SFF.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF Business PC

The motherboard illustration is in chapter 4 on page 22.

I don't see any internal USB ports labeled.

Those PC's came with optional card readers.

I would look for a port that one of those would connect to.

Look for a connector that has the pins arranged like this...

x x x x x x x

x x x x    x x 

You put the 5 pin cable over the left grouping of pins and leave the right four exposed.

If you have no such connectors, use the available M.2 wifi card slot, and buy a desktop wifi conversion kit.

Amazon.com: Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit (AX200.NGWG.NV): Computers & Accessories

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.