cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Dijomalis_74
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

CPU Fan (90B)

HP Recommended
Slimline 270-a047cb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The fan has been sputtering a lot for the past couple months and sounds like it was about to "take off". A week ago it just stopped and the computer wouldn't boot. It's been sitting off for a while so today we decided to try to turn it on. It booted up just fine and I was able to do some updates but then it stopped working again after a couple of hours. Now, when I boot it up I get the "A fan is not operating correctly" CPU fan (90b). Where can I find this fan and how do you replace it?

1 REPLY 1
stevecomputer
Level 5
321 318 13 52
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRAJATZVZO0

There are some videos like this online to help.

You should be able to get one from amazon or ebay. You should be able to just change the fan, not the whole cooler as it's safer to leave that as is.  If you take out the old one there will be part numbers on it and measure the size and numbers of pins on the power connector. Take care to not pull on the wires when disconnecting things, pull the connector.  Take pictures or video of what you are doing to help reinstallation as it may take some time for a fan to come in and you may forget what you did. Good luck with the work. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation