Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 22-c0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help !!.

My CPU cooling fan has suddenly started to speed up and down. Yesterday it was fine and overnight it has slowly got worse. The PC is only a few months old.

I monitor the CPU temp using Core Temp software and it seems to rise very quickly when doing even simple tasks.

Anyone got any clues ? Is this a Windows/Intel/HP Software Upgrade mistake ??

Driving me nuts !

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem...also with a 1 month computer....but you dont need to worry...when the cpu temps get high its normal for the cooler to speed up...I am sure you are bothered by the noise...

One thing you can try is to use canned compressed air on the cpu cooler....after a few months of usage I am pretty sure there is some dust build up there...

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

I dont accept that. The CPU Cooling fan is at full speed when the CPU usage is only 20% and even at start up the Fan starts to get to full speed. If you monitor the CPU Core temperature then its showing over 90 C degrees. This is NOT correct.

The PC has been perfectly quiet for 7 months and this started suddenly so is obviously a fault. I have been communicating with Tech Support and all of a sudden when I showed them the CPU Facts and figures they have gone VERY QUIET. Very poor support I have to say !

HP Recommended

Sad but true....

If its under warranty...take it to service!! 

good luck

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.