Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 285 G3MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

A new desktop HP 285 G3MT was provided to me  and when it is turned on a message with blue background on the monitor screen is being displayed as follows

CPU fan is not operating correctly continued operation of the computer is not recommended by HP and might cause unpredictable behaviour that can result in shut down. The computer will shut down in 15 seconds and to prevent this press the Enter key now

CPU FAN (90B)

ENTER continue  startup

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DEEcpp , welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide that may help you solve your problem: https://www.support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03620929

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

the post below shows, (indirectly)

• clean the PC
  • reset PC (hard) long power hard reset.
  • if fail, update BIOS.

the error means 2 things fan runs to slow or PC is overheating, but needs fan and vents cleaned of all lint.

is the room you are in cool or 120F. IDK.

The HARD reset is power cord pulled and power button pushed 3 times or more to discharge all caps in PC.

has the PC been modified, by others like CPU fan changes, or the connector too it fell off?

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.