Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 200 G3 AiO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The RPMs of the CPU fan regurarly fluctuates in the range of 100-150 up and down again. It does not depend on OS, as it can be observed even in the HP setup utility - BIOS setup (link to video is attached). It's happening on every level of load and fan speed, high or low. Produced 'waving' noise is really irritating. I've never met such behaviour of any of other HP laptops nor desktop PC. But this is my first AiO :). I don't know if it is standard behaviour of HP AiO PCs or some defect in the therma regulation circuit on board. (BIOS has been updated to latest version - no efect). Any suggestion or experience with such thing?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FuINCCT0eJO0dwYUxGQGwksJs7RYbgoH/view?usp=sharing

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This problem could be a fan problem (replace the fan), a MB thermal sensor problem, or a MB voltage problem.

I would try replacing the fan first. You could also reset the BIOS to defaults before doing any hardware modifications. Or pull the MB battery to reset CMOS.

Have you checked CPU temps for a possible correlation between CPU fan speed and CPU temps?

The fan should run at a fairly constant speed and then ramp up as CPU temps rise.

Contact HP Support (Link) if you are in warranty.

Regards

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.